"Alif. Lâm. Râ'. These are the verses of the evident Book. And we have certainly revealed it in Arabic so that you reflect".
Quran S.Yusuf 12:1-2
For Brampton Ontario, according to the ISNA Islamic Calendar.
Download available in printable format.
Our centre is open for Jumah Prayer for a limited spaces. Book today!Book A Prayer
Some of our recent news.
CIU hopes to collectively develop strong bonds between Muslim members of the union based on the correct and balanced/moderate understanding of Islam. The Union will provide essential spiritual services at the highest quality to our communities. The union shall be comprised of individuals that share a bond in their following of Ahlu Sunnah wal Jama’ah and its members will lead our community projects benefiting others. Together we will work towards removing the obstacles for the current and future generations to carry on living as successful Muslim Canadians based on Islam as religion of peace.
The Canadian Islamic Union is a dynamic team of optimistic, compassionate, diverse, and God conscious professionals seeking to find solutions to the issues of isolation, loneliness, and spiritual void faced by many Muslims across Canada during pandemic. As a team, CIU embarked on establishing an organization that identifies its members as part of One Big Family. The objective of CIU is helping its family members revive their Muslim identity, connectedness, and sense of belonging to One Big Family (Ummah). This is achieved by reviving the One Big Family members’ spirituality, improving moral character, providing education and mentorship, increasing financial success, and engaging in the community activities as well as through political activism.
One Big Family
Imam Ashraf was born in Egypt and currently resides in the GTA along with his wife and 4 children. He was raised in an environment that prioritised education (both secular and religious). He obtained his Bachelor's degree in islamic sciences while in Egypt at the hands of the scholars and teachers of Al-Azhar University. Imam Ashraf has recently completed his master’s thesis on the topic of “The Methodology of reform for the Muslim community”.
Our Vision / Mission
Our Vision: To bring together a well-organized group of individuals striving to achieve personal and collective excellence as Muslim Canadians. We aim to strengthen the bond between members of the union and work together as one big family to build a beautiful future for Muslim Canadians that benefit community.
Our Mission: Striving together as One Big Family to contribute towards a brighter
future. We will achieve this one individual at a time where members share a set of
CIU hopes to collectively develop strong bonds between Muslim members of the union based on the correct and balanced/moderate understanding of Islam. The Union will provide essential spiritual services at the highest quality to our communities. The union shall be comprised of individuals that share a bond in their following of Islam and its members will lead our community projects. Together we will work towards removing the obstacles for the current and future generations to carry on living as successful Muslim Canadians.
Canadian Islamic Union Services
The CIU provides the following services:
- Spiritual guidance and development at the hands of a qualified sheikh/mentor.
- Family services including marriage, family counseling and religious consultation (fatwa).
- Youth empowerment through education and engagement in community initiatives.
- Group discounts on services such as auto/home insurance for members and families.
- Family-oriented gatherings that are inclusive of men, women and children, open for members, families and friends.
- A collective approach to proactively building a bright future for all of us.
Marriage Services: CIU offers the service of performing marriage (nikah) by an Imam who has license as marriage officer. A licensed marriage officer is required in order to complete the necessary paperwork to legally register the marriage in the Province of Ontario. We aim to strengthen the bond between members of the union and work together as one big family to build a beautiful future for Muslim Canadians.
The requirements to have a nikah done through the Masjid are as follows:
- Wali: Guardian for the bride. The Bride must be represented by her wali which is a male relative. Examples of a wali include father, brother, son, paternal uncle, grandfather, etc.
- Witnesses: Two male muslim witnesses that are adults. These witnesses can be anyone as long as they fulfill the foregoing requirements.
- Mahr: dowry for the bride. The dowry should be discussed by the groom and the bride and agreed upon before the nikah ceremony.
- The nikah will be performed with proper islamic etiquettes at the available Islamic Centre (use proper islamic dresscode, no free mixing, no music allowed, etc.
- The Imam will only perform the nikah in the Masjid (or the available Islamic Centre). Please note: due to pandemic and space limitations, the Masjid can only accommodate up to maximum people allowed for the gathering inside.
- Service is available for public. Please contact us ahead of time: The marriage service is not be available on the spot for due dilligents and regulations.
CIU hopes to collectively develop strong bonds between Muslim members of the union based on the correct and balanced/moderate understanding of Islam. The Union will provide essential family services at the highest quality to its members, families and friends. Together we will work towards removing the obstacles for the current and future generations to carry on living as successful Muslim Canadians.
CIU provides students with strategies to increase their faith and draw inspiration from a supportive group of friends through an Islamic enrichment program focusing on team building, developing knowledge, skills by encouraging discussion, mentorship and tutorials. Youth empowerment through education and engagement in community initiatives and projects, developing a generation of confident muslims.
Beginning with a focus on love for Allah and his messenger.
Focused on critical thinking and understanding.
Promote an open dialogue which allows students to feel comfortable asking questions and seeking clarification.
Using the latest technology to keep students engaged throughout the learning process.
For the past 10+ years, Free Quran Canada has handed out hundreds of free copies of the Quran annually to spread the final message of God to those who are interested. Visit FreeQuran.ca to order your copy of the Quran for free today!
Islamic Culture Centre
The Islamic Culture Centre is a dream of CIU. The vision is to have a space where children, men, and women can experience the culture of Islam in a nurturing environment. Place for community gatherings, and provide charitable activities.
Families can apply for membership in the Union. Every individual in the family is required to abide by the Covenant of the Union. A family’s membership entitles its immediate family members and friends to the services offered by the Union. Members will be responsible for a monthly membership donation, which will be used to fund the operations as well as provide the services of the Union. The leadership reserves the right to deny or cancel any membership application.
Requirements for membership:
- Complete an interview with our Imam / Spiritual Leader.
- Complete the CIU membership application form.
- Void cheque or PAD form submitted for membership donation ($100/month/family).
- Formal pledge to uphold CIU values.
- Fill out Google form page for potential members application.
We are available to answer your questions.
AddressCanadian Islamic Union
6185 Tomken Rd #6 Mississauga, ON L5T 1X6, Canada